Junior Analyst Internship
Internship at the Alliance of Democracies Foundation
- Position: Junior Analyst (full-time internship)
- Period: February 1, 2023 to June 30, 2023
- Location: Copenhagen
Are you a student within the field of politics, communications, international relations, or similar, looking for a hands-on learning experience to supplement your studies? Are you eager to promote democracy and free markets across the world, and are you a hardworking and talented individual? Then apply for this position as Junior Analyst (Spring Semester) at the Alliance of Democracies Foundation.
About the Alliance of Democracies
The Alliance of Democracies Foundation is a non-profit organization founded in 2017 by Anders Fogh Rasmussen, the former NATO Secretary General and former Prime Minister of Denmark. The Foundation is dedicated to the advancement of democracy and free markets across the globe and runs three programs:
- The Copenhagen Democracy Summit: An annual conference bringing together political and business leaders in the Royal Danish Playhouse, including heads of government, from the world’s democracies. Previous year’s summits have featured, among many others, Joe Biden, Barack Obama, Roberta Metsola, Ingrida Šimonytė, Tony Blair, Felipe Calderón, Mike Pompeo, Tsai Ing-Wen, Joshua Wong, Brad Smith, among many more.
- The Expeditionary Economics Program: A program that supports successful entrepreneurial projects in emerging democracies and post-conflict areas with a strong commitment to technologies that advance democratic engagement. The initiative includes the Democracy Tech Entrepreneur Fellowship that seeks to make technology work for democracy.
- The Campaign for Democracy: A campaign that engages supporters of democracy worldwide and builds a powerful intellectual movement for the cause of democracy. The campaign also comprises the Transatlantic Commission on Election Integrity, working to prevent the next wave of election interference and the new technological challenges facing democracy and our Media LitLab which aims to enhance the level of media literacy of young people in Denmark.
About the position
As Junior Analyst at the Alliance of Democracies Foundation, you will work alongside the team in Copenhagen on various initiatives related to the foundation’s three programmes. During your internship period, you will be part of the day-to-day execution of various tasks related to event management, political communication, outreach to high-profile individuals and senior officials from various governments, as well as providing inputs to senior management. Moreover, you will be involved in the Copenhagen Democracy Summit scheduled to take place May 15-16, 2023 and provide support and research on our various programs.
We are looking for a candidate with strong political and communicative capabilities, a passion for international affairs, and a drive to promote democratic values. We imagine that you are currently enrolled in a Master’s program or studying the last year of your Bachelor’s degree within a relevant field. Moreover, you possess the following abilities:
- You have excellent communicative competences and can proactively contribute to developing the foundations’ external communication by producing presentations and draft communiqués.
- You command a well-formulated written and oral English. Fluency in other languages, especially Danish, is an asset but not a requirement.
- You are technologically adept and know your way around the basic Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and various social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn). Experience with HubSpot and WordPress (or similar content management systems) is an asset but not a requirement.
- You have a strong academic background and have obtained analytical skills through relevant projects and research, preferably in an international setting. Prior work experience in the field is not a necessity, but a fundamental interest and knowledge of international affairs is desirable.
- As a person you are hardworking, highly accountable, and focused on delivery.
Working at the Alliance of Democracies Foundation
The internship is a full-time position for approximately five months starting February 1, 2023 until end-June 2023. We are, however, flexible to accommodate potential scheduling conflicts and your university credit transfer requirements. The internship is tailored to students enrolled in a Danish university wishing to complete a credit-bearing internship as part of their academic degree. In accordance with applicable rules, the compensation is fixed at DKK 3,000 per month in addition to State Educational Grants (SU). The location of the internship will be in our offices in central Copenhagen.
Please provide your CV, a motivational letter of maximum 300 words in English, grade reports from your relevant academic degrees, and any other relevant material by email with the subject “Junior Analyst Internship” to [email protected]. The final deadline for application is Monday, October 3. The first round of interviews will be held during October 5-6th, followed by a second round of interviews, along with a short case exercise, for selected candidates.
For further information about the internship position, please contact