Intern with us!
Internship at the Alliance of Democracies Foundation
Position: Junior Associate (full-time internship)
Period: September 1, 2024, to January 31, 2025
Are you a student within the field of politics, communications, international relations, or similar, looking for a hands-on learning experience to supplement your studies? Are you eager to promote democracy and free markets across the world, and are you a hardworking and talented individual? Then, apply for this position as Junior Associate (Fall Semester) at the Alliance of Democracies Foundation.
About the Alliance of Democracies
The Alliance of Democracies Foundation is a non-profit organization founded in 2017 by Anders Fogh Rasmussen, the former NATO Secretary General and former Prime Minister of Denmark. The Foundation is dedicated to the advancement of democracy and free markets across the globe and runs three programs:
- The Copenhagen Democracy Summit: An annual conference bringing together political and business leaders, including current and former members of government, from the world’s democracies. The goal of the Summit is to be the top international forum for analysis on the security and economic challenges facing the democratic world as well as a forum for analysis on the interplay between technology and democratic norms.
- Business & Technology for Freedom & Democracy: We believe that democracy and free market economies are strongly interlinked. Business engagement is key to underpinning fundamental democratic values. We work closely with the tech industry to find solutions to the challenges technologies pose to democracy, and we bring forward new entrepreneurial ide-as also as a way of spurring growth and stability in emerging democracies.
- Creating an Alliance of Democracies: We aim to build a worldwide movement for an Alliance of Democracies consisting of democratic countries globally and among democratic forces everywhere. To that end, we work actively with governments, young leaders in democratic countries as well as democracy activists from non-free societies and emerging democracies.
About the position
As Junior Associate at the Alliance of Democracies Foundation, you will work alongside the team in Copenhagen on various initiatives related to the foundation’s three programs.
During your internship period, you will be part of the day-to-day execution of various tasks related to event management, political communication, outreach to high-profile individuals and senior officials from various governments, as well as providing inputs to senior management. Moreover, you will be involved in the Copenhagen Democracy Summit scheduled to take place May 13 -14, 2025 and provide support and research on our various programs. Within the lead up to the Summit, there will be a lot of communications and event management that needs to be executed, and your tasks will focus on these areas.
We are looking for a candidate with strong political and communicative capabilities, a passion for international affairs, and a drive to promote democratic values. We imagine that you are currently enrolled in a Master’s program or studying the last year of your Bachelor’s degree within a relevant field. Moreover, you possess the following abilities:
- You have excellent communicative competences and can proactively contribute to developing the foundations’ external communication by producing presentations and draft communiqués.
- You command a well-formulated written and oral English. Fluency in other languages, especially Danish, is an asset but not a requirement.
- You are technologically adept and know your way around the basic Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and various social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn). Experience with HubSpot and WordPress (or similar content management systems) is an asset but not a requirement.
- You have a strong academic background and have obtained analytical skills through relevant projects and research, preferably in an international setting. Prior work experience in the field is not a necessity, but a fundamental interest and knowledge of international affairs is desirable.
- As a person you are hardworking, highly accountable, and focused on delivery.
Working at the Alliance of Democracies Foundation
The internship is a full-time position for approximately five months starting September 1, 2024 – January 31, 2025. We are, however, flexible to accommodate potential scheduling conflicts and your university credit transfer requirements. The internship is tailored to students enrolled in a Danish university wishing to complete a credit-bearing internship as part of their academic degree. In accordance with applicable rules, the compensation is fixed at DKK 3,286 per month in addition to State Educational Grants (SU). The location of the internship will be in our office in central Copenhagen.
Please provide your CV, a motivational letter of maximum 300 words in English, grade reports from your relevant academic degrees, and any other relevant material by email with the subject “Junior Associate Internship” to [email protected]. The final deadline for application is Tuesday, March 19. The first round of interviews will be held from April 2-6, followed by a second round of interviews, along with a short case exercise, for selected candidates.
For further information about the internship position, please contact:
Hamasa Hamid by email: [email protected] or phone: +45 20760343